Date: 24th May 2018
Subject: China AMS Customer Unique Identifier – 1st JUNE 2018 (REMINDER)
We would like to remind your good company of China AMS per GACC (General Administration of Customs, PR China) Rule No. 56, effective 1st June 2018 per loading date on vessels calling China. Below is the mandatory format and important note for your best reference. Please ensure to provide mandatory information on SI for AMS.
China AMS applied for ALL Import to China
- China AMS Cut off time of submission to China Customs is at least 24 hours before POL loading on vessels calling China. Therefore, we need your close cooperation to provide SI (Shipping Instruction) to our POL offices before local SI Cut off time at POL, for meeting the tight submission schedule.
- New Requirement – Customer Unified Identifier Code and Telephone No.:
- Mandatory for Shipper and Consignee
- For ‘To order’ shipments, Mandatory for Notify Party
- Please refer attached for Unified Identifier of your country
- Mandatory format of Unified Identifier field for AMS
|China Customers –|
|If using Social Credit Identifier, format is USCI+CODE|
|If using Organization Code, format is OC+CODE|
|Other Customers –|
|Please refer Unified Identifier list for each country’s requirement|
| Format is Identifier+Code (example for Indian customer, it will show CIN+1234567
or TRADE REGISTER NUMBER+654321)
|For Countries not on list or Customers not having required Unified Identifier
per the list –
|Format is 9999+other identifier number|
|For Personal Shipments –|
| Format is ID+ID number; or PASSPORT+PASSPORT number;
or 8888+other identity number
- Attached Appendix 39 is sample of non-acceptable commodity description. POL has to educate shippers for detailed commodity description and verify before BL confirmation for avoiding AMS delay.
- For transshipment via China ports, B/L must be in Draft status at least 24 hours before ETA China ports for AMS. Mandatory data are B/L number, POL, POD & Brief Commodity.
Please contact our local Customer Service Representatives for details and bookings.
Customer Service Department
Emirates Shipping Line
General Administration of Customs, PR China Rule No. 56 link (Chinese)