Date: 3rd May 2018
Subject: China AMS Customer Unique Identifier – 1st JUNE 2018
Referring to GACC (General Administration of Customs, PR China) Rule No. 56 on China AMS (Advanced Manifest Submission), we would like to draw your immediate attention on below requirement with effective 1st June 2018 per loading date of vessels calling China. Please coordinate with your counter parts for full compliance of regulation.
China AMS applied for ALL Import to China
- China AMS Cut off time of submission to China Customs is at least 24 hours before POL loading on vessels calling China. Therefore, we need your close cooperation to provide SI (Shipping Instruction) to our POL offices before SI Cut off time at POL, for meeting the tight submission schedule.
- New Requirement – Customer Unified Identifier Code (Effective 1st June 2018)
- Mandatory for Shipper on manifest
- Optional for Consignee and Notify Party
- Please refer attached for local Unified Identifier of your Country
- Please provide “Country code + Identifier number” (e.g. for UAE: AE12345678, for India: IN987654321 etc) on Shipping Instruction
- Attached Appendix 39 is sample of non-acceptable commodity description. Please ensure to provide detailed commodity description on SI for avoiding AMS delay.
Please contact our local Customer Service Representatives for details and bookings.
Customer Service Department
Emirates Shipping Line
General Administration of Customs, PR China Rule No. 56 link (Chinese)