Date: 15th September 2020
Dear Valued customers,
Subject: East African Ports Update
We would like to express our sincere gratitude to your support on our East Africa Services. For your best arrangement especially during current critical pandemic, below please find the latest port situation as reference. We are always keeping our utmost effort to collaborate with concerned parties for securing transit time and minimizing delay. Please feel free to contact our local agencies for any further assistance or visit our website www.emiratesline.com for detailed schedule and cargo tracking. We are looking forward to your kind understanding and continuous partnership with us.
- Port productivity is impacted, with average port stay of around 4 days
- Yard population is still high due to slow pace of cargo clearance, especially for in transit cargoes
- Rail movement to ICD Embakasi is at average of 5 days
- Through BL shipments to Uganda are congested due to Covid-19 control by border customs. Trucks are being stuck at Malaba border to Uganda with expected delay for 12-18 days.
- Uganda government directive of Covid-19 Test Service Charge of USD65 mandatory to TBL truckers. Pass on recovery has been started by our Uganda agency effective 11th Sep per Delivery Order issued date.
- Shipper Nomination to CFS depots has been suspended by Local Authorities
Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
- Berth waiting time is around 2-5 days
- Yard capacity constraint affecting operations
- Through BL shipments are delayed due to different measures by border customs for Covid-19
- Through BL to Rwanda having extra lift off and lift on charge at Rusumo border due to customs regulation to transload boxes to local trucker, preventing Covid-19 spread
- Shipper Nomination to local ICDs at Dar Es Salaam has been suspended by Local Authorities for improving yard congestion
- Berth waiting time has been improved with average of 1-3 days
- Our mainline GZX schedule has been improved gradually. But recent technical issue at Dry Dock of Ubena seriously delayed her schedule when sailing Jebel Ali
- Long idling at transshipment ports (mainly Jebel Ali) is still expected due to clearance of backlog and schedule delay of Ubena
Customer Service Management
Emirates Shipping Line