Date: 16 October 2017
Subject: ESL Bottle Seal on Laden Containers
(CARRIER SEAL MANDATORY & HUGE PENALTY ON DISCREPANCIES)
In view of the rigorous policy on CONTAINER SEAL ACCURACY by customs and terminals at destination countries, we need your immediate attention and cooperation on the following seal control.
Please note that certain import customs are imposing extremely heavy penalties and complicated amendment process on seal discrepancies.
FYR, Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania customs are recently charging penalty of close to USD1,000 for seal number amendment.
Considering the tedious amendment process, we will on top impose Line Admin Fee of USD100 per case. Therefore, your full compliance is a must to effectively facilitate the import manifest process and seal validation at destination. Otherwise, the heavy penalties, delay and Admin Fee will be on account of parties giving wrong seal number.
Control on Container Seal
- All Emirates laden boxes must be affixed with Emirates Bottle Seal provided by our company.
|Bottle (Bolt) Seal:|
- Bottle seal should be placed on the right door at time of entry / reception / shipping.
- Accurate Emirates Bottle Seal number (full style format per actual seal) must be provided on shipping instruction for Bills of Lading and manifests.
- Shippers are suggested to obtain photo of container seal from trucker for effective control of accuracy.
- LOI is mandatory for use of other customs or shipper seals (must be bottle seal) or seal changed before loading, for updating BL and Manifest.
- Any penalties and delay due to wrong declaration of seal number will be on account of customers or parties giving wrong record.
We are looking forward to your full focus on seal control so as to secure the smooth shipment flow and avoid penalties. Your continuous support to our company is always appreciated.
Please feel free to contact our local Sales and Customer Service if any queries.