Date: 28 September 2018
SUBJECT: IMDG container Packing and Handling in QATAR
As per the circular received from Qatar Terminals with regarding to “IMDG CONTAINER PACKING AND HANDLING” We kindly request you to comply with the requirement for all DG shipments to Qatar.
The requirement is briefly outlined here below:
- All IMDG cargo must be properly packed on pallets with proper wrapping and secured in the container according to IMDG packing standard.
- All packages and container must be properly marked, labelled and placarded.
- Any irrelevant mark, labels and placards has to be removed.
- DG containers delivery truck driver must carry MSDS related to the carried container before enter the port and produce it for inspection when requested.
- Any contravention or failure to comply with the regulations shall be liable to penalty for misdeclaration charges as per tariff which effective from 1st October 2018.
We are looking forward to your full cooperation and support. Please contact our local Sales and Customer Service Representatives for details and bookings.