Date: 26 August 2020
Dear Valued Customers,
Subject: India – Mundra Port Update
Thank you for shipping with our company to India. For your best arrangement, we would like to update you the present port situation as reference. We are always keeping our utmost effort to collaborate with relevant parties for securing transit time and minimizing delay. Please feel free to contact our local agencies for any further assistance or visit our website www.emiratesline.com for detailed schedule and cargo tracking. We are looking forward to your kind understanding and continuous partnership with us.
Mundra – Heavy rain impacting vessel productivity
- Consistent heavy rainfall and flooding all over Mundra which led to water logging and traffic snarls in the city and surrounding areas in last few days.
- Heavy rain and water clogging are impacting the operations at terminal, CFS and yard.
- Berth productivity and our mainline services are also badly impacted; especially transportation movement.
- Rail movement en-route to Mundra is impacted, few rail route from specific ICD locations has been diverted thru alternative longer route due to which in transit time for ICD Outbound containers are increased.
- Situation is improving and clearing of backlog is in progress.
We will keep you informed for any further update.
Customer Service Department
Emirates Shipping Line