Date: 17th July 2019
Subject: India Regulatory Changes – Sea Cargo Manifest and Transshipment Regulations (SCMTR) Effective 1st AUGUST 2019
With reference to our previous notices of the India Regulatory change, the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) has confirmed the Sea Cargo Manifest and Transshipment Regulations to be effected from 1st August 2019. Below please find the key requirement and customers are required to provide accurate and timely shipping details to carriers per SI cut off time for complying with the new regulations.
Sea Arrival Manifest (SAM) – For all containers into India:
- SAM to be filed in customs before vessel getting departed from Last foreign port of call. Example for Galex westbound, Port Klang is the last foreign port of call.
- All containers discharging for local or transhipment or retain on board at any Indian Ports.
- Harmonized (HS) Code of 6 – 8 digits is mandatory
- IEC Code & GSTIN Number for Indian entity is mandatory
- Permanent Account Number (PAN) of Notify Party (Indian entity) is mandatory
Sea Departure Manifest (SDM) – For all exports from India:
- Mandatory rule of Departure Manifest must be submitted to India Customs Prior Sailing of vessel from Port of Loading in India
- Applied for all containers loaded on said vessel at Indian Ports
For ensuring smooth process, we will keep close liaison with concerned parties and update your good company of any further requirement. We are looking forward to your kind support and full compliance to the new Regulations. Any failure may cause loading / discharge problem and customs penalty which will be on cargo owner’s account. Please contact our local agencies if any assistance is required. You may also visit our website www.emiratesline.com for more details.
Customer Service Management
Emirates Shipping Line