Date: 31 January 2019
Subject: India Regulatory Changes – Sea Cargo Manifest and Transshipment Regulations (SCMTR) Effective 1st March 2019
Reference our previous notices of the India Regulatory change, the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) has confirmed the Sea Cargo Manifest and Transshipment Regulations to be effected from 1st March 2019. As per the new Regulations, the Authorized Sea Carrier (ASC) shall submit Arrival Manifest electronically, prior to departure from the last port of call to the Indian port of call and submit Departure Manifest electronically before departure from the Indian port of call. Underneath is the key requirement and customers are required to provide shipping details to carriers for strictly complying with the regulations.
Arrival Manifest (AM) = Import General Manifest IGM – For all imports into India:
- Mandatory rule of Arrival Manifest to be filed in customs before vessel getting departed from Last foreign port of call. Example for Galex westbound, Port Klang is the last foreign port of call.
- For all containers going to discharge for local or discharge for transhipment at any Indian Ports.
- Harmonized (HS) Code of 8-digit is mandatory for Arrival Manifest to customs
Departure Manifest (DM) = Export General Manifest EGM – For all exports from India:
- Mandatory rule of Departure Manifest must be submitted to India Customs Prior Sailing of vessel from Port of Loading in India
- Applied for all containers loaded on said vessel at Indian Ports
For ensuring smooth process, we will keep close liaison with concerned parties and update your good company of any new requirement. We are looking forward to your kind support and full compliance to the new Regulations. Please contact our local agencies if any assistance is required. You may also visit our website www.emiratesline.com for more details.
Customer Service Department
Emirates Shipping Line