Date: 27 October, 2017
Subject: Kuwait Customs Regulation – CARGO ON PALLET
Please be informed that Kuwait Customs has implemented new regulation of CARGO ON PALLET with effective from 19 October 2017.
Below is the rough translation of rule for your easy reference. Please ensure to strictly comply with the Kuwait customs requirement for smooth export and import formalities. Any consequences of incompliance will be on customers’ account.
Rough translation of Kuwait Customs’ new requirement:
Item (1) –
- All cargoes to be carefully and neatly palletized.
- If cargo found NONE palletized upon custom inspection, the container/cargo will be stopped by customs.
- Customs will issue a memo of penalizing of KD 80/- to the customer directly.
- Only when the penalty of KD 80/- is paid, the container/cargo will be released by customs.
- This is implemented as immediate effect from 19 Oct 2017 onwards.
Item (2) –
- Some goods are excluded from the conditions mentioned in item (1) above, which cannot be placed on pallet because of its own nature, which weighs more than 2 tons or more than 2 meters in length, cargoes included but not limited to: (Pipes – heavy equipment – Cars and Vehicles – used car parts – animals and livestock – Steel – iron scrap – Prefabricated houses).
Item (3) –
- In case of non-compliance and violation of the provisions of Article (1), a fine of KD.80 shall be imposed in accordance with the provisions of Article (31) of the Implementing Regulations items (3-6).
Additional remark – Number of Pallets should be manifested.
Please contact our local Sales and Customer Service Representatives for details and bookings.