Date: 8 June 2018
Subject: Kenya – Mombasa CFS Nomination and ICD Nairobi Idling boxes
Per Public Notices from KPA (Kenya Port Authority), we would like to inform you the new policies on Mombasa CFS Nomination and Idling boxes at ICD Nairobi. We appreciate your immediate attention and arrangement on your shipments.
Restriction on CFS Nominated by customers
- CFS Nomination Clause & In Transit Clause to CFS for Mombasa is not allowed on ESL Bill of Lading
- Nominations shall be arranged by KPA, based on terminal situation
- Effective 1st July 2018 on mainline vessels leaving last port (ie. AKX service ETD Colombo on 1st Jul & GIA service ETD Jebel Ali on 1st Jul)
- We bear no liability on nomination clause on ESL Bill of Lading
Idling boxes at ICD Nairobi
- KPA has given notice and cut off time to importers to clear up boxes
- Idling boxes will be nominated to warehouses outside ICD Nairobi, after cut off time
- All costs to the account of importers
Please contact our local sales and Customer Service for further info and bookings.