Date: 4 June 2018
SUBJECT: Restricted Commodities to and from Iran (90 days wind down)
In order to abide by the 90-day wind down period as announced by JCPOA on 8 May 2018
(Refer FAQ document LINK), ESL shall implement the below mentioned restrictions.
From start date as 7 August 2018, the US will re-impose a series of sanctions that were lifted under the JCPOA.
- The Iranian Government’s purchase of US dollar banknotes;
- Iran’s trade in gold and other precious metals;
- Direct or indirect sale, supply or transfer to or from Iran of graphite, raw or semi-finished metals like aluminum and steel, coal and software for integrating industrial processes;
- Significant transactions related to the sale or purchase of Iranian rials or the maintenance of significant funds or accounts of rials outside Iran;
- Iranian sovereign debt; and
- Iran’s automotive sector.
ESL shall stop accepting all of the above-mentioned items to and from Iran.
Effective vessels on which the restrictions will strictly apply for these cargoes are;
- West Bound: Emirates Dana / 1828 W / ETA Pusan 9 July, 2018
- East Bound: Emirates Wafa / 1822 E / ETA Bandar Abbas 30 June, 2018
It is the sole responsibility of the Customer to follow the restrictions.
Further restrictions can be imposed subject to the current U.S. announcement, development of sanctions against Iran, etc. and we will keep you informed of implementation of further restrictions.
Please contact our local Sales and Customer Service Representatives for details and bookings.