Date: 18th August 2020
Subject: Scrap / Waste / Used / Re-Cycling / Re-Conditioning / Re-Moulding Commodity Control – KENYA LIFTS THE BAN of Used Garments and Shoes
Thank you for your support to our company. For securing smooth carriage, we would like to inform you the process for Scrap, Used and Waste shipments. With the accelerating focus on environmental protection and health care, governments of various countries not limiting to China, India, Vietnam and Malaysia are regulating or prohibiting import and transshipment of Scrap and Waste commodities. Underneath is the latest regulation from Kenya government for your immediate attention and compliance. Please contact our local CS and Sales for more information and bookings.
KENYA LIFTS THE BAN ON USED GARMENTS AND SHOES
As per recent Press Release of KEBS (Kenya Bureau of Standards), the ban of used Garments and Shoes has been lifted with immediate effect. Used textiles and used shoes dealers and buyers shall strictly follow the guidelines provided by the Government of Kenya through the Ministry of Health, World Health Organization (WHO) and other relevant bodies while implementing the Protocols for the Importation of used textiles and shoes by Ministry of Industrialization, Trade and Enterprise Development.
All used textiles and used shoes intended for importation into Kenya shall be subjected to physical examination and certification under the Pre–export Verification of Conformity to Standards (PVoC) requirements. Please make sure the full compliance before placing booking with us so as to expedite the import process in Kenya.
GENERAL PROCEDURE FOR ALL SCRAP / WASTE / USED / RE-CYCLING / RE-CONDITIONING / RE-MOULDING COMMODITIES (SUCH AS PLASTIC, METAL, ELECTRONIC ETC) TO ALL DESTINATIONS:
- Shipper to provide accurate commodity detail (including HS Codes) and consignee contact
- We will verify with POD office for any destination restriction and regulations
- Our POD office may verify with consignee if import license is stipulated
- Rate offer and booking will only be released upon POD acceptance in case of any destination regulations
- In case of chemical or hazardous, Dangerous Cargo process is mandatory
- Any consequences not limiting to customs penalties, operational costs, long idling and cargo auction will be on cargo owner account
Customer Service Management
Emirates Shipping Line