Date: 2nd July 2020
Dear Valued Customers,
Subject: SCT Single Customs Territory and New Requirement for TBL UGANDA
Thanks for your support to our EAFA service. Regarding our previous notice on Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) Single Customs Territory System for ALL cargoes to Uganda via Mombasa, Kenya effective in 2017, local authority is recently imposing further requirement per below in yellow colour. We appreciate your cooperation for Through Bill of Lading shipments to Kampala, Uganda.
- All cargoes coming to Uganda will now be cleared under SCT through URA
- Final clearance for Uganda-bound cargo will be done in Mombasa port (including verification, duty payment etc.)
- It may take longer time to clear at Mombasa because of all extra steps for final clearance
- Smoother movement at the border
- Processing time will be improved in long run
- Original documents scanned individually in PDF form, in a size not more than 450kb, to KEMBA office at least 7 days prior to vessel arrival.
List of Requirements (Additional with effective 17 June 2020)
- Bill of lading,
- Commercial invoice,
- Packing list, (with supplementary units i.e. pcs/ Liters etc. packages/cartons, Gross & Net weight per Carton/Item)
- (PVOC) Certificate of Conformity COC
- Proof of payment (T/T, Letter of credit, sales agreement)
- Freight Certificate & insurance values / Certificate (if not included on the invoice)
- Online appointment. (By Consignee or his agent in Uganda)
- ICD allocation (By Consignee or his agent in Uganda)
- Fumigation certificate (For used clothing)
- Phytosanitary/Health certificates (for rice, wheat & food products)
- Vehicle export certificate (for vehicles, tractors and engineering plants)
- Shippers to engage consignees for maximum cooperation and timely action as consignees will play a bigger sensitive part once all documents are received and in order.
- Online appointments to respective TBL Vendor’s TIN and nomination of the ICD timely done by consignee or their agents (By Consignee or his agent in Uganda).
- For motor vehicles; Additional documents including Motor vehicle export log book + Certificate Of Conformity and vehicle details including: Make, Model, chassis Numbers, Engine Numbers, Year of manufacture, Color, CC, Size of Tires, Fuel Type, Gross weight, Net Weight, seating capacity.
- Transit cargo is allowed up to a maximum of 9 days free of storage days by KPA & hence any delays in adhering to SCT requirements will result in to storage and other related charges, to the account of customers.
- Attached list of Service Providers is only for reference and final version must be based on official website of URA. https://unbs.go.ug/attachments/menus/16/APPOINTED%20%20PVOC%20SERVICE%20PROVIDERS%20%20AS%20OF%20JUNE%20%202019.pdf
If you have any queries, please feel free to contact our local Sales and CS representatives for assistance.
Customer Service Management