Date: 14th July 2017
Dear Valued Customers,
Subject: SCT Single Customs Territory, UGANDA
Thanks for your support to our EAFA service.
Per below Circulars from Uganda Revenue Authority (URA), Single Customs Territory System (https://www.ura.go.ug/Resources/webuploads/GNRART/Single%20Customs%20Territory.pdf) & is now extended to ALL cargoes to Uganda via Mombasa, Kenya with effective from 31st July 2017 per discharge POD Mombasa. Below is the highlight for your easy reference. We appreciate your cooperation for Through Bill of Lading shipments to Kampala, Uganda.
- All cargoes coming to Uganda will now be cleared under SCT through URA
- Final clearance for Uganda-bound cargo will be done in Mombasa port (including verification, duty payment etc.)
- It may takes longer time to clear at Mombasa because of all extra steps for final clearance
- Smoother movement at the border
- Processing time will be improved in long run
- Original documents scanned individually in PDF form, in a size not more than 450kb, to our office at least 7 days prior to vessel arrival at POD Mombasa, Kenya.
List of Requirements:
- Bill of lading,
- Commercial invoice,
- Packing list,
- Online appointment. (By Consignee or his agent in Uganda)
- ICD allocation (By Consignee or his agent in Uganda)
- Fumigation certificate (For used clothing)
- Phytosanitary/Health certificates (for rice, wheat & food products) and (PVOC) certificate of conformity/UNBS if required
- Vehicle export certificate (for vehicles, tractors and engineering plants)
- Shippers to engage consignees for maximum cooperation and timely action as consignees will play a bigger sensitive part once all documents are received and in order.
- Online appointments to respective TBL Vendor’s TIN and nomination of the ICD timely done by consignee or their agents (By Consignee or his agent in Uganda).
- For motor vehicles; Additional documents including Motor vehicle export log book + Certificate Of Conformity and vehicle details including: Make, Model, chassis Numbers, Engine Numbers, Year of manufacture, Color, CC, Size of Tires, Fuel Type, Gross weight, Net Weight, seating capacity.
- Transit cargo is allowed up to a maximum of 9 days free of storage days by KPA & hence any delays in adhering to SCT requirements will result in to storage and other related charges, to the account of customers.
If you have any queries, please feel free to contact our local Sales and CS representatives for assistance