Date: 12th August 2021
Dear Valued Customers,
Subject: Vietnam Import – Delayed Connection from Transshipment Ports
Thank you for shipping with our company. For your best arrangement, we would like to update you the present port situation as reference. We are always keeping our utmost effort to collaborate with relevant parties for securing transit time and minimizing delay. Please feel free to contact our local agencies for any further assistance or visit our website www.emiratesline.com for detailed schedule and cargo tracking. We are looking forward to your kind understanding and continuous partnership with us.
Delayed Connection to Vietnam
Due to the heavy ports congestion resulting in vessel omissions; furthermore, with the ongoing critical feeder schedule and serious space constraint on the third party feeder vessels and Covid-19 influx in the region, shipments to Vietnam are lying at transshipment ports for more than 2 weeks.
Haiphong (VNHPH) Import via Port Klang, Qingdao and Ningbo
- Induce longer route – due to various omission of Port Klang on our Galex Service, shipments need to be re-routed via Qingdao and Ningbo in China
- Space seriously short – only one feeder operator providing service from Qingdao and Ningbo to Haiphong but limited feeder space
- Heavy Weight cargo – feeder operators unable to allocate space for cargoes over 20 tons
- Feeder via Port Klang – two feeder operators provide bi-weekly service, however schedule is further delayed due to serious port congestion at Port Klang
Ho Chi Minh City (VNSGN) Import via Port Klang
- Due to the epidemic, Saigon Newport Corporation (SNP) has set up various measures to import boxes, leading to critical feeder schedule and space.
We deeply apologize for this force majeure situation beyond carrier’s control. Looking forward to your kind understanding and patience. We are monitoring the situation and will keep you informed for any further update.
Customer Service Management
Emirates Shipping Line