Date: 24th November 2021
Dear Valued Customers,
Subject: ESL Bottle Seal on Laden Containers (CARRIER SEAL MANDATORY & HUGE PENALTY ON DISCREPANCIES) – 3rd REMINDER
We would like to remind your good company again the importance of CONTAINER SEAL ACCURACY, considering increasing cases of discrepancy and customs regulations.
Please note that certain customs and terminals at destination countries have extremely strict Container Seal Regulation. Some import customs are imposing very heavy penalties and complicated amendment process on seal missing, damage and discrepancy, even minor deviation of prefix. Apart from high penalty of almost USD1,000 by customs in East Africa, we have already got circular from India local authorities for intensive policy on container seal control with fines.
Considering the tedious amendment process, we will on top impose Line Admin Fee of USD100 per box in case deviation is found at terminal or customs. Therefore, your strict compliance is a must to effectively facilitate the import manifest process and seal validation at destination. Otherwise, the heavy penalties, delay and Line Admin Fee will be on account of cargo owner.
We need your immediate attention and cooperation on the following seal control.
Control on Container Seal
- All Emirates laden boxes must be affixed with Emirates Bottle Seal provided by our company.
- Bottle seal should be placed on the right door at time of entry / reception / shipping.
- Accurate Emirates Bottle Seal number (full style format per actual seal e.g. D1234567) must be provided on shipping instruction for Bill of Lading and Manifest.
- Shippers are suggested to obtain photos of container seal (with container number) from truckers for effective control of accuracy and proof in case of any dispute.
- LOI is mandatory for use of shipper or customs seals (must be bottle seal) or seal changed before loading, for updating Bill of Lading and Manifest.
- Any additional shipper seal (full style format per actual seal) must be provided on shipping instruction for Bill of Lading and Manifest.
- Any penalties and delay due to wrong declaration of seal number will be on account of cargo owners or parties giving wrong record.
We are looking forward to your full focus on seal control so as to secure the smooth shipment flow and avoid penalties. Your continuous support to our company is always appreciated. Please feel free to contact our local Sales and Customer Service if any queries.
Customer Service Management
Emirates Shipping Line