Date: 3rd January 2022
Dear Valued Customers,
Subject: Kenya – Full implementation of Integrated Customs Management System (iCMS) – Effective 22nd October 2021 – ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENT
Referring to our notice on 26 October, we would like to remind you the mandatory regulations by Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) on manifests per below. Appreciate your full compliance by giving timely / complete / accurate Shipping Instruction to us for manifest submission via iCMS.
Highlight of iCMS Specific Requirement
1 Effective of iCMS: 22nd October 2021 per discharge for import
2. Applied to: Sea manifest of Import / Export / Through bill of lading (TBL) and In Transit via KEMBA
3. Manifest submission: through iCMS at least 48 hours before vessel arrival for import.
5. General cargo shipment: predominant HS code per container is a must.
6. 10-digit HS code is mandatory. If only 6 or 8 digits are identified, please add zero (0) to the end to make it exactly 10-digit for iCMS.
7. HS code is mandatory for manifest but optional on BL Body for general cargo. Please specific on Shipping Instruction if HS code is expected on BL Body.
8. Part Lot BLs (i.e. Multiple BLs for single container): Restricted with immediate effect for Kenya Import and In transit due to KPA regulation.
9. DG Class / UNNO on BL Body: mandatory on BL Body for iCMS
Please coordinate with your counterpart for full adherence. Any failure may cause loading / discharge problem and customs penalty which will be on cargo owner’s account. Please contact our local agencies if any assistance is required. You may also visit our website www.emiratesline.com for more details.
Customer Service Management
Emirates Shipping Line