Date: 19th January, 2022
Dear Valued customers,
Subject: Saudi Arabia – Mandatory Usage of Pallets for Import Containers
In order to increase the efficiency and productivity of port operations in line with international standards, the Saudi Ports Authority has issued a Circular No: (31) of 2021 regulating cargo owners to stow goods imported in containers into Saudi Arabia with the use of PALLETS.
According to the circular, with effective from 01st March 2022 per discharge, all Customers shall pack their goods in a (pallets) for all import containers as Mandatory, with following exception:
- Bulk items, Dry or liquid that carried directly the special means such as (wheat, grains, cement, Gypsum, and petroleum items etc.)
- Raw materials in Jumbo in big weighs that hardly to be put in pallet
- Heavy equipment and producing lines, electric generators and mechanics
- Metallic productions that come in big rolls and other items that hardly to be put in pallets such as (cartons, carpet and relevant)
- Iron skewer & big pipes and scaffoldings
- General Furniture
- Pneumatic outer tires
- Marble, granite and stones
Any incompliance may cause discharge problem leading to extra operational costs, customs penalty, local charges and our Line Administration Fee which will be on cargo owner’s account.
For import manifest, actual packing type (such as carton, bag etc) is still required as current. If you want to also include number of pallets on BL, please clearly specify on Shipping Instruction (such as 1,000 cartons on 50 pallets).
We are looking forward to your continuous cooperation and support. Should you have any queries, please feel free to contact our local office for details. Thank you for shipping with our company.
Customer Service Management
Emirates Shipping Line